A convenient little decanting bottle for GT Gel – Holds 110 ml of GT Gel. (If filled with our GT Gel, this is enough to train/race for 3 hours).
Q: How many hours of energy and electrolytes will the decanting bottle provide when filled with GT Gel?
A: If filled all the way up to the lid with GT Gel, the little decanting bottle will provide ~3 hours of relatively high heart-rate racing/training.
Q: How do I carry the little decanting bottle?
A: Stash your little gel bottle in your race pocket, running belt or hydration pack.
Very easy portage for lady runners: The little gel bottle sits snuggly and neatly between your sports bra and running top. Comfortable, balanced and easy to reach!
(Also small enough to fit into the palm of your hand)
No spillage. No sticky fingers, pockets or clothes!
Easy-to-stash. No wasting. No litter!
Gel bottle versus old sachet
11 Reasons to enjoy the little decanting GT Gel bottle (as opposed to the old sachet idea)
- You have control over how much you’d like to use and when. One x 10km worth of running is not exactly the same as the next 10km. So you can pace your consumption based the route – You don’t have to use the whole bottle – you can use less if the route is easy.
- Small sips intermittently from the gel bottle (as opposed to one full sachet at time for 10kms) has several advantages:
– Ensures a very even uptake of both energy and electrolytes
– Ensures much more even blood sugar levels
– No (or very little) risk of nausea (that often happens after having a full sachet)
– Little sips of water, along with little sips of GT gel makes for a lowered risk of dehydration and cramping.
(Note the sodium levels in GT Gel are significant so as to prevent hyponatraemia/over-hydration)
- You can add a little bit of water to the bottle to make it super-runny.
- There is no wasting of precious gel caught in the folds of the sachet: With the decanting bottle, you can add water to it, give it a quick shake and drink the remaining contents in the bottle.
- Hygienic! YOU get to wash (and handle) your own bottle – as opposed to sachets being handled by countless hands in shops/transport/support teams etc.
- The bottle is small – so it can fit snugly into your shorts/tights/top/running belt/sports-bra/crop-top. Easy to whip out, swig and put back.
- No seams or sharp edges that can poke into your skin.
- No sticky fingers or sticky sachets in your pockets.
- No litter!
- No aluminum lining inside the gel bottle. (Sachets have an aluminum lining that can leach into the gel as it lies in it for months)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.