BMX – What to get:
How to use – Day of the Event/Practice Session:
- A light, but SUSTAINING liquid race meal – Perfect for high intensity, high heart-rate and anaerobic racing – especially good for those kids/athletes who struggle to eat, then compete.
- It also eliminates any ill-timed drops in blood sugar during a day of heats.
Use EnduraShake 4 ways:
- Nutrition/Carbo-loader: 1-3 days before (depending on the intensity of the event, how any heats over the day; if the kid/athlete is lean/low on natural reserves etc). 1 scoop in 200mls water at 10h00, 15h00 and before bed.
- In the morning of the event: Take 1-2 scoops in 200ml-400ml water as your breakfast – No need to eat anything else for several hours. Perfect if you struggle to eat because of nervous tension! You WON’T feel full. (Take 1 scoop if you’re very tiny).
- Over the day: Light sustaining meal. You can take 1-2 scoops over the day, as and when you feel hungry. (1-2 scoops in 200ml-400ml water) Some athletes prefer to take 1 scoop in 200ml water more often throughout the day – others prefer 2 scoops less often and be done with it.
- Recovery food: 1-2 scoops afterwards to maximise fast recovery, especially if you’re competing again the next day. In addition, if you are very tired, take another 1 scoop before you go to sleep. (EnduraShake won’t keep you awake, but it will help feed and recover exhausted muscles while sleeping)
EnduraPower: This powder goes in your water-bottle(s): BERRY and/or LEMON for kiddies
- Low GI for stable blood sugar (thus helping with focus and concentration)
- High electrolytes to prevent dehydration and muscle cramping (contains Kalahari Salt).
- Malic acid for high intensity events!
- Glutamine for recovery.
Use EnduraPower: BERRY and/or LEMON for kiddies
- Follow the instructions on the label in terms of the number of scoops per water per litre.
- Sip on EnduraPower before and after each heat. This ensures that you are fully hydrated and fueled for each event. EnduraPower will ensure that your blood sugar levels are stable throughout.
- Extremely high-electrolyte.
- Sustaining blood sugar.
- GT Gel is designed in Africa for African heat.
- Brilliant for preventing cramps!
- Convenient to carry and use. Swig and chase with some water!
Use GT Gel as follows:
- GT Gel may be used IN PLACE OF of the EnduraPower.
- Pour GT Gel into the little decanting bottle and sip intermittently throughout the day. Follow with a few mouthfuls of water. (Drinking water with the gel ensures easy and rapid absorption of the gel).
Note: Both EnduraPower and GT Gel have significant levels of sodium to prevent hyponatraemia. (Water intoxication/over-hydration).
Joobies OR Jooblets: (Same thing, different sizes) One Joobie = 5-6 Jooblets
- An electrolyte chewy designed to give you a powerful energy boost – PERFECT for FAST and furious (short) events!
- One Joobie or 5-6 is gives a wonderful boost before the semifinals. Simply eat about 10 minutes before. (But don’t use Joobies/Jooblets on their own: Remember to drink EnduraPower throughout the day and to use EnduraShake as your food. In this way, there will you will eliminates any ill-timed drops in blood sugar during a day of heats
Use Joobies or Jooblets as follows:
- A few minutes before your heat/final: Eat a Joobie or 5-6 Jooblets (for an energy boost with electrolytes)
REAL FOOD: Souties: For the MUNCHIES!! A savoury pea protein and potato biscuit, with MCT oil!
A savoury/salty snack. Pure food. No preservatives. MCT’s for energy! Vegan protein (They taste like chips!).
Use Souties as follows:
- Anytime! Nice to eat over the day between heats. Real food.
- When you’re craving a salty, savoury snack, especially after all the sweet stuff!
- When you need a balanced mini-meal – protein, carb and fat.
- If you’re cramping. Contains both Kalahari and Himalayan Salt.
Twin packs with a variety of flavours: Mixed Herbs, Basil-Pesto, Thyme, Umama, Tomato+Black Pepper; and Original. Nothing sweet about them!
No preservatives. No Colourants