For Transbaviaans, we recommend the following:
1) Starting 1 to 5 days before (Usually 3 days before should suffice, however nutrition-load for 5 days before the event if the event is very extreme for you)
Nutrition-load as follows:
1 x scoop in 200mls water at 10h00
1 x scoop in 200mls water at 15h00
1 x scoop in 200mls water before bedtime
In other words, 3 scoops in divided doses spread over the day for 3-5 days. We recommend the 3 scoops in divided doses, in-between your main meals (hence 10h00, 15h00 and before bedtime) so that you are able to keep eating your normal food/meals – In this way, there are no changes to your body’s digestive routine. So 3 scoops, 3 times per day at 10h00, 15h00 and before bed. Do this for 3-5 days before your event.
2) On the morning of the event: Drink 2 (TWO) scoops of EnduraShake in 400mls water, 45 minutes before the start.
3) Drink 2 (TWO) scoops of EnduraShake: in 400mls water 3.5 hours throughout the event
4) Recovery: 2 scoops afterwards…
5) For a few days afterwards: Take 1-3 scoops per day in divided doses spread over the day
B: Hydration: 2 Options OR switch between the 2 options: For example… 3 hours on each option (this approach is very popular, reduces taste fatigue…)
EnduraPower: Powder that goes in your waterbottles or hydration pack: EnduraPower is extremely high in electrolytes, helps stabilise blood sugar throughout.
Choose flavourless: “Neutral Quench” (light caffeine) OR very low flavour: “Lemon-Aid” (no caffeine). Very economical!
Follow instructions on tub. Hydrate according to bodyweight.
Joobies….for a boost or…. sulking…
How to load and use EnduraShake: https://paceandpower.co.za/?p=46099
Can I use Joobies only for a long event? https://paceandpower.co.za/?p=3656
What is EnduraPower: https://paceandpower.co.za/?p=63039
Choose your flavours wisely for very long events! https://paceandpower.co.za/?p=212
What to take, how much and when? https://paceandpower.co.za/?p=291