EnduraShake is a pre-digested, liquid endurance food for athletes. One serving will last you about 3.5-4 hours of high heart-rate training/racing before you start to get hungry. EnduraShake also eliminates the “wall” that usually occurs at around 2.5 hours into a session/event. In addition, EnduraShake is a powerful recovery food and nutrition-loader.
What makes EnduraShake so good? (Apart from its delicious, creamy taste!)
• It is a complete bioavailable, easily-digestible protein blend
• A mix of carbohydrates to maximise performance over long, intense sessions
• MCT’s (Medium Chain Triglyerides) from coconut oil for prolonged energy
• Fast and easy absorption. Easy on the gut.
• 4520mg L-Glutamine blend together with a complete range of amino acids
• Less than 0.1% lactose!
• Gluten free
• GMO free
• Derived from grassfed cows
• Suitable for younger athletes
• Colour in Strawberry from Beetroot
• Applicable to multiple sports
• Tried, tested (and loved) by 1000s of athletes over the years!
• Tastes delicious in water!
• Available in Vanilla and Strawberry
How to Use
EnduraShake is used in 5 different ways for athletic performance:
- Nutrition/Carbo-loader: 1-5 days before (depending on the type and intensity of the event). 1 scoop in 200mls water at 10h00, 15h00 and before bed.
- Breakfast before the start: One serving (2 scoops) 45-60 minutes before the start of the event.
- Light Meal During: If the event is long, take a serving (2 scoops) every 3.5 to 4 hours during.
- Recovery food: A serving afterwards (2 scoops) is really good to maximise fast recovery. You can also take another 1-2 scoops before you go to sleep if you’re competing again the next day. (EnduraShake won’t keep you awake, but it will help feed tired muscles whilst you sleep!)
- De-briefing: For EXTREME endurance events, continue taking EnduraShake for a few days afterwards to support the immune system and help with recovery.
Carboloading with EnduraShake:
Carbo-loading before an event, or whenever you wish to do a personal best – It makes a big difference!
When you load with EnduraShake, you prep your body with not only carbohydrates, but also with good quality protein and fats.
How do I Carboload with EnduraShake?
Depending on how long or intense the event is, load from 1 to 5 days before.
Load by taking one scoop of EnduraShake in 200mls water, 3 times per day: Drink 1 scoop at 10h00, 1 scoop at 15h00 and 1 scoop before bed. (You should still eat your “normal” meals – Breakfast, lunch and dinner).
If you’re very lean, with a super-fast metabolism, you can load with 2 scoops instead of 1.
Breakfast Before you Race or Train: Use EnduraShake!
Drink a serving of EnduraShake in water about 45-60 minutes before the start.
2 scoops (in 400mls water) will last you ~3.5 hours of medium to very high heart-rate racing or training.
1 scoop (in 200mls water) will last you ~1.5 – 2 hours of medium to very high heart-rate racing or training.
There is no need to eat breakfast, unless you’re up VERY early, that is several hours before the start – such as on Comrades morning; OR if you’re doing an extreme event – such as the Cape Epic, or the Romaniacs, then you can eat breakfast as well. But these are rather the exception than the rule and this depends on the person.
You can use EnduraShake as your breakfast for shorter sessions too: Take 1 scoop for 1.5 to 2 hours of training/racing.
Use EnduraShake as your Meal during your Race/Training:
EnduraShake is so easily absorbed that you can drink it every 3.5 to 4 hours during a long session or race.
1 scoop will give you 1.5 – 2 hours of intense, medium-to-high heart-rate training/racing.
2 scoops will give you 3.5 – 4 hours of intense, medium-to-high heart-rate training/racing.
For example, if your race/session is 8 hours, then drink 2 scoops before the start, 2 scoops at halfway and 2 scoops afterwards for recovery.
Similarly, if your event is 5-6 hours long, then drink 2 scoops before and 1 scoop at about 3.5-4 hours into the session. (Remember to take 2 scoops afterwards for recovery and to carboload with EnduraShake before!)
Recovery and "De-briefing"
Recover fast with EnduraShake:
Take 2 scoops at the end for recovery. This makes a huge difference!
EnduraShake has the perfect amino acid blend for fast recovery, including 4500mg of l-Glutamine.
In addition, EnduraShake is comprised of the recommended 3:1 ratio of carbohydrate to protein maximum recovery in the shortest time.
How to use EnduraShake for recovery:
Generally, the number of scoops taken for recovery should match the number that you have taken before the start:
2 scoops BEFORE for 3 – 4 hours of racing/training = 2 scoops AFTERWARDS for recovery
1 scoop BEFORE for 1.5 – 2 hours of racing/training = 1 scoop AFTERWARDS for recovery.
For extreme or multi-day events such as Cape Epic or Comrades, continue to take EnduraShake for a few days afterwards to support the immune system against endotoxemia.
How to apply EnduraShake to different sports: A Summary! (In alphabetical order)
- Cycling (Road) 100 kms. Take 2 scoops before and 2 scoops for recovery. Carboload with EnduraShake before.
- Enduros: Take 2 scoops before, 2 scoops every DSP and 2 scoops after for recovery. Take another 1-2 scoops before bed for recovery. Carboload with EnduraShake before.
- Golf: If you want stable blood sugar levels for focus and concentration, but don’t want to feel sluggish after a heavy meal, then simply have a serving of EnduraShake instead of food. This will keep you going for hours, without you feeling full.
- IronMan (Half/70.3): 2 scoops before, 1 scoop in the transition between the cycle and the run. 2 scoops for recover. Carboload with EnduraShake before.
- IronMan (Full): 2 scoops before, 2 scoops 90kms into the cycle (leave in your pick-up goodie bag), 2 scoops in the transition between the cycle and the run. 2 scoops after to recover. Carboload with EnduraShake before.
- Mountain Biking: 2 scoops before, 2 scoops at 3.5 hours (or halfway in most events). 2 scoops for recovery. Carboload with EnduraShake before.
- Rugby: Take 1 scoop of EnduraShake about 30 minutes before the start and 1 scoop afterwards to recover as usual – This is particularly important if you have more than one game in one day, or a few games over a few days! Also carboload (nutrition-load) the day before, by taking 1 scoop at 10h00, 1 scoop at 15h00 and 1 scoop before you go to sleep.
- Running (Road) 42km (Standard marathon). Take 2 scoops before and 2 scoops for recovery. Carboload with EnduraShake before.
- Running (Road) 21 km (Half Marathon). Take 1 scoop before and 1 scoop after for recovery. Carboload with EnduraShake before.
- Running (Trail) 2 scoops before, 2 scoops at 3.5 hours (or halfway in most events). 2 scoops for recovery. Carboload with EnduraShake before.
- Surfing: Take 1 or 2 scoops before. One scoop will give you about 2-3 hours of surfing without you getting hungry, whilst two scoops will give you about 4-5 hours without getting hungry. Take 2 scoops afterwards for fast recovery.
- Swimming: 1-2 scoops for breakfast. One scoop intermittently throughout the day of the gala, inbetween heats as needed. Carboload with EnduraShake before.
Q: What is the difference between EnduraPower and EnduraShake?
A: EnduraPower is our state-of-the sports drink, designed to prevent dehydration and cramping, especially if racing/training in African heat. It has 4 different types of carbohydrate to provide blood sugar stability throughout the event. High in electrolytes, including Kalahari Salt as well as malic acid to support high intensity racing, safe and effective. Safe for kids. No artificial colourants,
EnduraShake is our endurance meal for athletes. One serving will last you about 3.5-4 hours of high heart-rate training/racing before you start to get hungry. EnduraShake also eliminates the “wall” that usually occurs at around 2.5 hours into a session/event. In addition, EnduraShake is a powerful recovery food and nutrition-loader.
Can I use one without the other?
You can…but you won’t perform at your best! … EnduraPower and EnduraShake are designed to work together rather like a lock and key. Note however that EnduraPower may be swapped out for GT Gel, if you prefer to race with JUST water.
Q: Do I need to eat breakfast as well?
A: No, you can use the EnduraShake to replace breakfast completely. (Unless you’re up VERY early, that is several hours before the start of the race – such as on Comrades morning; OR if you’re doing an extreme event – such as the Cape Epic, or the Romaniacs, then you can (optional) eat breakfast as well – this depends on the person and the event.
Q: How long before do I need to take it?
A: Most folk take EnduraShake 45-60 minutes before the start. However, many athletes are able to drink it and race straight away.
Q: Can I drink it and race straight away?
A: Yes many Comrades, Enduro and Ironman competitors do exactly that – It is pre-digested and so very easily absorbed from the gut.
Q: Should I try it out before I race?
A: You should always try out a new supplement (or a new food) in training before using it in a race.
Q: How long does EnduraShake last during an event/session before I start to get hungry?
A: 2 scoops (in 400mls water) should last you ~3.5 hours of medium-to-high heart-rate racing/training.
1 scoop (in 200mls water) should last you ~1.5 – 2 hours of medium-to-high heart-rate racing/training.
Q: Should it be used with other supplements?
A: Yes! EnduraPower is the sports DRINK that partners with EnduraShake. If you pick up water en route (road runners), then you should use our high electrolyte and energy GT Gel with the EnduraShake.
Q: Will EnduraShake make me fat?
A: Any food has the potential to “make you fat” if consumed in excess over time. Your supplements should always match your training/racing session and EnduraShake is designed for long sessions/events. Trying to diet during a race, is not sensible or healthy. If you’d like a daily low-carb meal shake for losing fat, or no-carb protein shake, then use our LeanPlex or Whey Power.
Q: What is the difference between Whey Power and EnduraShake?
A: Whey Power is completely different to the EnduraShake.
The EnduraShake is designed for endurance training and events. One serving is designed to give you sustained energy with a medium to high heart-rate for up 4 hours. It contains carbohydrate, MCT fats (Medium Chain Triglyercides) and protein. (You cannot be “dieting” during a long endurance race – You need to feed your body appropriately!).
Whey Power is basically JUST protein per serving – It actually has a higher protein per serving than the EnduraShake, but it has no added carbs for athletic endurance. It does has very high levels of L-Glutamine per serving = 6000mg (for FAST recovery) as well as high BCAA’s = 7500mg (to prevent muscle breakdown).
So EnduraShake is for (endurance*) training or racing, whilst the Whey Power is recommended to be used on a daily basis to increase your protein intake and boost your recovery!
Whey Power is particularly good if you’re not wanting to put on weight, or if you are wanting to lose a few kilos!
Most people add a scoop of Whey Power to their oats or to a smoothie, or you can just drink it on its own (It is not thick like the EnduraShake as it has no carbs and very little fat)
You cannot race on Whey Power – You wouldn’t last even an hour of medium to high heart-rate on Whey Power. It is purely protein.
*Many younger athletes that are very lean/have a fast metabolism use the EnduraShake as a supplementary food (They are not necessarily using it for endurance). They supplement their meals with EnduraShake (at school or boarding school or university for instance, whenever their schedule is hectic). The EnduraShake is superb for athletes with a fast metabolism to use as a daily food. Also great for elderly folk who are not eating correctly or enough!
EnduraShake vs LeanPlex vs Whey Power
What is the difference between EnduraShake, LeanPlex and Whey Power? When do I use each one?
ENDURASHAKE: Endurance meal – before and during, nutrition loader before and endurance recovery shake
How to use:
Nutrition/carbo-loader: 1-5 days before (depending on the type and intensity of the event). 1 scoop in 200mls water at 10h00, 15h00 and before bed.
Breakfast before the start: One serving (2 scoops) in 400mls water, 45-60 minutes before the start of the event/session.
Sustaining Meal During: If the event is long, take one serving (2 scoops) every 3.5 to 4 hours during the session.
Recovery food: A serving afterwards (2 scoops) for fast recovery. You can also take another 1-2 scoops before you go to sleep if you’re competing again the next day. EnduraShake won’t keep you awake, but it will help repair and replenish tired muscles whilst you sleep!
LEANPLEX: To Cut fat. A balanced meal during the day. Good for recovery after daily training.
How to use:
Drink LeanPlex ANYTIME when you can’t get to a healthy, balanced meal: LeanPlex makes a great breakfast if you’re running late; and it makes a satisfying lunch if you haven’t packed something healthy; or light, nutritious dinner, if you’re home late and too tired to cook.
WHEY POWER: Protein ONLY. To recover super fast, but not with huge calories/kilojoules! NO added carb. Nice for lean muscle tone.
How to use:
Drink one scoop of Whey Power in 250ml water straight after training. Great after after hill/ sprint sessions or heavy lifting at the gym… After any session where you know that you’re going to be stiff and sore!
Whenever you need to increase the protein content of a meal – such as adding a scoop of Whey Power to your breakfast oats/ muesli, (this makes the boring old oats taste delicious!); or drinking a scoop of Whey Power with your lunch salad /or low-protein pasta dish..Any meal where you’d like to increase the protein content.
A great idea is to add it to your daily favourite smoothie.
So to summarise, the EnduraShake should be used for your weekend sesssions (long, endurance) and events.
The LeanPlex and Whey Power should be used during the week, when trying to recover fast, but stay lean for your sport.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.