To simplify things, we have divided it into 2 areas:
- Day of the Event:
- Daily Training and Recovery
Day of the Event: Use the following:
- EnduraPower and/or GT Gel (+Flask)
- Jooblets or Joobies
- PaceLyte (Optional)
- Glutamine (Optional)Day of the Event:
Daily Training and Recovery: Use the following:
- EnduraPower or PaceLyte
- LeanPlex or Whey Power
- Creatine Monohydrate (OR build for a week/10 days before competition day)
- Collagen Peptides (Optional – only if you have connective tissue issues – knees, hips lower back etc)
Day of the Event: How to use
- A light, but SUSTAINING liquid race meal – Perfect for high intensity, high heart-rate and anaerobic racing – especially good for those athletes who struggle to eat, then compete.
- It also eliminates any ill-timed drops in blood sugar during a day of heats.
Use EnduraShake 4 ways:
- Nutrition/Carbo-loader: 1-3 days before (depending on the intensity of the event, how any heats over the day; if the athlete is lean/low on natural reserves etc). 1 scoop in 200mls water at 10h00, 15h00 and before bed.
- In the morning of the event: Take 1-2 scoops in 200ml-400ml water as your breakfast – No need to eat anything else for several hours. Perfect if you struggle to eat because of nervous tension! You WON’T feel full. (Take 1 scoop if you’re very tiny).
- Over the day: Light sustaining meal. You can take 1-2 scoops over the day, as and when you feel hungry. (1-2 scoops in 200ml-400ml water) Some athletes prefer to take 1 scoop in 200ml water more often throughout the day – others prefer 2 scoops less often and be done with it.
- Recovery food: 1-2 scoops afterwards to maximise fast recovery, especially if you’re competing again the next day. In addition, if you are very tired, take another 1 scoop before you go to sleep. (EnduraShake won’t keep you awake, but it will help feed and recover exhausted muscles while sleeping)
EnduraPower: This powder goes in your water-bottle(s):
- Low GI for stable blood sugar (thus helping with focus and concentration)
- High electrolytes to prevent dehydration and muscle cramping (contains Kalahari Salt).
- Malic acid for high intensity events!
- Glutamine for recovery.
- Follow the instructions on the label in terms of the number of scoops per water per litre.
- Sip on EnduraPower before and after each heat. This ensures that you are fully hydrated and fueled for each event. EnduraPower will ensure that your blood sugar levels are stable throughout.
- Extremely high-electrolyte.
- Sustaining blood sugar.
- GT Gel is designed in Africa for African heat.
- Brilliant for preventing cramps!
- Convenient to carry and use. Swig and chase with some water!
Use GT Gel as follows:
- GT Gel may be used IN PLACE OF of the EnduraPower.
- Pour GT Gel into the little decanting bottle and sip intermittently throughout the day. Follow with a few mouthfuls of water. (Drinking water with the gel ensures easy and rapid absorption of the gel).
Note: Both EnduraPower and GT Gel have significant levels of sodium to prevent hyponatraemia. (Water intoxication/over-hydration).
- A tasteless ELECTROLYTE formula
- Contain significant amounts of MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE
- Minuscule amount of carb = D-Ribose for fueling ATP! A welcome work-horse/partner to creatine monohydrate.
Use PaceLyte as follows:
- If you tend to cramp, then simply add half to one teaspoon of PaceLyte to your water-bottles and sip throughout the day, between heats.
- If you’re feeling very tired at the end of the day, and need to perform again the following day, then drink another teaspoon before you go to sleep that night.
Joobies OR Jooblets: (Same thing, different sizes) One Joobie = 5-6 Jooblets
- An electrolyte chewy designed to give you a powerful energy boost – PERFECT for FAST and furious (short) events!
- One Joobie or 5-6 is gives a wonderful boost before the semifinals. Simply eat about 10 minutes before. (But don’t use Joobies/Jooblets on their own: Remember to drink EnduraPower throughout the day and to use EnduraShake as your food. In this way, there will you will eliminates any ill-timed drops in blood sugar during a day of heats
Use Joobies or Jooblets as follows:
- A few minutes before your heat/final: Eat a Joobie or 5-6 Jooblets (for an energy boost with electrolytes)
REAL FOOD: Souties: For the MUNCHIES!! A savoury pea protein and potato biscuit, with MCT oil!
A savoury/salty snack. Pure food. No preservatives. MCT’s for energy! Vegan protein (They taste like chips!).
Use Souties as follows:
- Anytime! Nice to eat over the day between heats. Real food.
- When you’re craving a salty, savoury snack, especially after all the sweet stuff!
- When you need a balanced mini-meal – protein, carb and fat.
- If you’re cramping. Contains both Kalahari and Himalayan Salt.
Twin packs with a variety of flavours: Mixed Herbs, Basil-Pesto, Thyme, Umama, Tomato+Black Pepper; and Original. Nothing sweet about them!
An amino acid that helps your body recover.
Use L-Glutamine as follows:
- Take 1-2 teaspoons after your last event. Simply add to your EnduraPower at the end.
- If you are really tired, take another 1-2 teaspoons before you go to sleep that night as well.
Daily Training and RECOVERY
During Daily Training: Drink EnduraPower and/or PaceLyte
1. EnduraPower: This is great for daily training: Simply mix in your water-bottle(s) as prescribed. Sip intermittently throughout your conditioning session. EnduraPower is especially good high heart-rate training.
2. PaceLyte: If you prefer to train on just electrolytes (PaceLyte has only a minuscule amount of carbohydrate), then use PaceLyte instead of EnduraPower. One teaspoon of PaceLyte per 750ml/1 litre.
After Daily Training for Recovery and Lean Muscle Tone: LeanPlex or Whey Power or EnduraShake; L-Glutamine and Collagen Peptides
1. LeanPlex is a high protein, low kilojoule formula that will help with daily recovery – Also good if you need to drop some bodyfat before an event.
Use LeanPlex as follows: Simply take 2 scoops mid-morning and 2 scoops mid-afternoon in 300ml water
2. Whey Power is JUST PROTEIN for LEAN muscle tone and RECOVERY from intense training. High in L-glutamine (6000mg per scoop) and branched-chain amino acids (7500mg per scoop), with MCTs for energy!
Use Whey Power as follows: Add 1 scoop to your oats, or smoothie, or simply drink with JUST water! After training. Before bedtime. Or drink along with any low-protein meal.
3. EnduraShake: Quality complete mini-meal, predigested, ideal for before and after training: Simply take one scoop before training and one scoop after training. This is particularly good if you’re trying to build muscle; or if you have a relatively fast metabolism.
4. Pace & Power Glutamine: An amino acid for muscle repair and recovery.
Use our glutamine as follows: Take one teaspoon of our pure L-Glutamine immediately after training – especially after sprints/heavy lifting.
5. Creatine Monohydrate: (Optional). Ours is pure. For power – to be able to move at great speed, with maximum force. For simplicity of use and to maximise absorption, add one teaspoon to your EnduraPower.
6. Pace & Power Collagen Peptides: If you have issues with your joints – ANY connective tissue – for example, your knees, lower back then our Pace & Power collagen is the thing to use! Results for most athletes are significantly good!
Use our collagen as follows: 2 scoops daily. Anytime. Heat stable.