Olympic or Standard Triathlon: 1.5km Swim, 40km Cycle, 10km Run
Olympic or Standard Triathlon
- Nutrition/Carboloader: 2-3 days before:
1 scoop EnduraShake in 200mls water at 10h00, 15h00 and before bed. (Continue eating your normal meals)
- Before the Start: 2 scoops EnduraShake in 400ml water, 45 minutes before.
- Recovery food after: 2 scoops EnduraShake in 400ml afterwards.
BEFORE THE SWIM: EnduraPower OR GT Gel
- Drink 450-700mls EnduraPower (~1 scoop) depending on bodyweight.
- OR: You can take 25-35ml GT Gel with 450-700ml water (depending on your bodyweight (*see recommendations below)
DURING THE CYCLE – 3 options:
- EnduraPower (high electrolytes, blend of stable carbs) in your water bottles.
- GT Gel (high electrolytes, blend of stable carbs). This enables you to ride with JUST water in your water bottles! Unobtrusive taste, easy to swallow. Fill the little decanting bottle up to half-way – this will give you ~1.5 hours of high heart-rate racing!
- PaceLyte (high electrolytes, minuscule carb): If you prefer to race on an electrolyte-only formula. (The tiny amount of carb per serving (5g) is D-Ribose! This is the carb that fuels the mitochondria – the ATP cycle/explosive power of the muscles!). NO flavour, no colourants. Absolutely refreshing in the mouth!
Whichever option above you choose, remember to hydrate correctly, as all 3 of the above options are high in electrolytes – They are designed for racing in African heat! High in sodium (Kalahari Salt) and magnesium bis glycinate.
It has been suggested that you hydrate according to bodyweight.
*Recommended: 8ml-10mls/kg bodyweight/hr – this may vary widely according to personal preference/ ambient temperature/ humidity
(Please note: The sodium content of all 3 formulas significantly reduces any risk of hyponatraemia)
DURING THE RUN:
Consume 35-40ml GT Gel over the 10kms. Fill the little gel decanting bottle up to just below the 50ml mark – Sip on GT Gel intermittently over the 10km. Hydrate with water only according to bodyweight. (Recommended: 8ml-10mls/kg bodyweight/hr – this may vary according to personal preference / ambient temperature / humidity). Hydration is important as GT Gel contains significant sodium and magnesium bis glycinate.
THROUGHOUT THE EVENT:
Joobies: For extra fast energy and/or electrolytes, munch on a Joobie as needed. Joobies stop cramps FAST. Great for sprints…Fantastic for hills… and… perfect for sulking!
Souties: For REAL food – a welcome SALTY snack, munch on a Soutie… ANYTIME during the event. Slow, sustaining energy with MCT’s for prolonged performance and cassava root for slow, steady carbs. Souties contain Kalahari Salt and Himalayan Salt – Rich in trace minerals.
Recovery food after: 2 scoops EnduraShake in 400ml afterwards.
EnduraShake has no stimulants or artificial colours. It will not keep you awake at night.
Daily Training and RECOVERY
- EnduraPower: Use as prescribed above.
- PaceLyte: If you’d prefer an electrolyte drink with very low carbohydrate, then use PaceLyte instead of EnduraPower. One teaspoon per 750ml waterbottle.
Daily Recovery: LeanPlex, Whey Power, L-Glutamine and
- LeanPlex is a high protein, low kilojoule formula that will help with daily recovery – Also good if you want to drop some bodyfat before the event.
Use LeanPlex as follows:Simply take 2 scoops mid-morning and 2 scoops
mid-afternoon in 300ml water
- Whey Power is JUST PROTEIN for LEAN muscle tone and RECOVERY from intense training. High in L-glutamine and branched-chain amino acids, with MCT’s for energy! Note you don’t need to take L-glutamine if you are using Whey Power: there is enough glutamine already in Whey Power (6000mg)
Use Whey Power as follows:Add 1 scoop to your oats, or smoothie, or simply
drink with JUST water! After training. Before bedtime. Or drink along with any low-protein meal.
- Pace & Power Glutamine: An amino acid for muscle repair and recovery.
Use our glutamine as follows: Take one teaspoon of our pure L-Glutamine immediately
after training – especially hills/sprints/Wattbike.
- Pace & Power Collagen Peptides: If you have issues with your joints – ANY connective tissue – for example, your knees/lower back, then our Pace & Power collagen is the thing to use! Results for most athletes are significantly good!
Use our collagen as follows:2 scoops daily. Anytime.
70.3, Half Iron Man, Sprint Triathlon, Olympic Triathlon, Standard Triathlon, Triathlon, Half IM, IM,