Sprint Triathlon: Swim 750m, Cycle 20km Run 5km
- Nutrition/Carboloader: 1 day before:
1 scoop EnduraShake in 200mls water at 10h00, 15h00 and before bed. (Continue eating your normal meals)
- Before the Start: 1 scoop EnduraShake in 200ml water, 45 minutes before.
- Recovery food after: 1 scoop EnduraShake in 200ml afterwards.
Before the Swim:EnduraPower OR GT Gel
- Drink half a scoop of EnduraPower in 250 mls water
- OR: You can take ~25ml GT Gel with 250-300 ml water
During the Cycle – 3 options:
- EnduraPower (high electrolytes, blend of stable carbs) in your water bottles. Drink one waterbottle of EnduraPower over the hour. (This may vary widely according to bodyweight and ambient temperature)
- GT Gel (high electrolytes, blend of stable carbs). This enables you to ride with JUST water in your water bottle. One 35-50ml serving in the little decanting bottle is enough for an hour of high heart-rate racing! Remember to drink water with the GT Gel over the hour. (This water consumption rate may vary widely according to bodyweight and ambient temperature)
- PaceLyte (high electrolytes, minuscule carb) in your water bottles – if you feel that you don’t need carbs, but only electrolytes. High electrolytes. NO flavour, no colourants. Absolutely refreshing in the mouth!
(The tiny amount of carb (2.5g) is D-Ribose! This is the carb that fuels the mitochondria – the ATP cycle/explosive power of the muscles!).
Hydration rate for the above 3 options: 8ml-10mls/kg bodyweight/hr – this may vary widely according to personal preference/ ambient temperature/ humidity
(Please note: The sodium content of all 3 formulas significantly reduces any risk of hyponatraemia)
Recovery food after: 1 scoop EnduraShake in 200ml afterwards.
A Premium Electrolyte and Energy Gel from Africa for Africa!
70.3, Half Iron Man, Triathlon, Half IM, IM, Sprint TriathlonTags: Carbohydrates, Electrolytes, Energy, Fluid, Fluid Replacement, Hydration, IronMan, Sprint Triathlon, Triathlon